St Mary’s C of E Primary School in Walthamstow has a long and varied history.
The timeline below shows some of the main events in the school’s history from its founding to the present day.
1824- St Mary’s Church school was founded by William Wilson. It was initially located in a barn!
1828- A new school building was built in the church yard, to accommodate 150 children aged 2 to 7 years old.
1882- 140 children attended the school, which was then known as The Central Infant School.
1951- The school became a Voluntary Aided School.
2011- The school started to expand to 3-form entry, with the Reception children taking up residence in the new site at Brooke Road.
2012- St Mary’s federated with St Saviour’s School, Walthamstow, starting an exciting new partnership of church schools within the parish.